- A LETSystem is based on the free association of individuals (the users) who take out accounts on the system. The LETSystems Registry provides a service which allows account-holders to exchange information to support trading, and maintains such accounts of that trading as users request.
The account-holders delegate the maintenance of these accounts to Recording Co-ordinators.
The account-holders also delegate responsibilities to Stewards as stated in this agreement.
- Account-holders shall be willing to consider using their accounts to trade with each other.
- Recording Co-ordinators will transfer money from one user's account to that of another only on the authority of the account-holder making payment.
- LETSystem Stewards may instruct the Recording Co-ordinators to decline to record an acknowledgement considered inappropriate.
- The unit of exchange of local money is a measure equivalent to the Pound Sterling.
- An account-holder may know the balance and trading volume of any other account-holder.
- a. Accountability for taxes incurred by users is the obligation of those involved in an exchange; the LETSystems Registry and its agents, including the Recording Co-ordinators and Stewards, have no authority nor liability nor obligation to report to taxation authorities or to collect taxes on their behalf.
b. No warranty or undertaking as to value, condition, or quality of the items exchanged is expressed or implied by virtue of the introduction of users to each other.
c. Account-holders agree to the recording of any information they supply and to the holding of all such information on computer.
- While all information, excepting balance and turnover of accounts, is considered confidential, neither the LETSystems Registry nor its agents can guarantee that confidentiality, or necessarily be held liable for any breach of it once it has been legitimately disclosed.
- Recording Co-ordinators are authorised to levy charges on users' accounts in local money at rates assessed by the Registry Stewards in liaison with the Recording Co-ordinators.
Written by Michael Linton of Landsman Community Services Ltd.
Version #002 27-7-96